© 2001-2022 the KStars Team
KStars is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2.
- Akarsh Simha <akarsh DOT simha AT kdemail DOT net>: Major Code contributions
- Hy Murveit <hy AT murveit DOT com>: Major Code contributions
- Eric Dejouhanet <eric DOT dejouhanet AT gmail DOT com>: Major Code contributions
- Wolfgang Reissenberger <sterne-jaeger AT t-online DOT de>: Major Code contributions
- Robert Lancaster <Major Code contributions>
- James Bowlin <bowlin AT mindspring DOT com>: Major code contributions, reorganization of code, HTM
- Heiko Evermann <heiko AT evermann DOT de>: Major code contributions
- Thomas Kabelmann <tk78 AT gmx DOT de>: Major code contributions
- Pablo de Vicente <pvicentea AT wanadoo DOT es>: Major code contributions
- Mark Hollomon <mhh AT mindspring DOT com>: Major code contributions
- Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus AT kde DOT org>: Major code contributions
- Luciano Montanaro: Additional Data / Catalogs, Patches
- Glenn Becker: Additional Data / Catalogs
- Carl Knight <sleepless DOT knight AT paradise DOT net DOT nz>: Abell Planetary Catalog
- Médéric Boquien <mboquien AT free DOT fr>: Code contributions
- Jérôme Sonrier <jsid AT emor3j DOT fr DOT eu DOT org>: Code contributions
- Alexey Khudyakov <alexey DOT skladnoy AT gmail DOT com>: Code contributions
- Prakash Mohan <prakash DOT mohan AT kdemail DOT net>: The Observation Planner and Execute feature
- Henry de Valence <hdevalence AT gmail DOT com>: OpenGL painting
- Victor Carbune <victor DOT carbune AT kdemail DOT net>: SQLite backend for object data storage and retrieval, major contributions.
- Samikshan Bairagya <samikshan AT gmail DOT com>: Supernovae in KStars
- Rafał Kułaga <rl DOT kulaga AT gmail DOT com>: Maintainer Better printing support for finder charts.
- Łukasz Jaskiewicz: Refactoring of OAL support.
GSoC, SoCiS, SoK students
A listing of our Google Summer of Code, ESA SoCiS, and Season of KDE students:
- Artem Fedoskin (GSoC 2016): KStars Lite
- Cojocaru Raphael (GSoC 2016): KStars on Windows
- Akarsh Simha (GSoC 2008): 100 million stars
- Prakash Mohan (GSoC 2009): Observation planner
- Victor Cărbune (GSoC 2010): SQLite Database for Objects
- Henry de Valence (GSoC 2010): OpenGL rendering backend
- Rafał Kułaga (GSoC 2011): Professional finder chart printing
- Samikshan Bairagya (SoK 2011): Making KStars more suitable for a scientifically inclined user
- Łukasz Jaśkiewicz (ESA SoCiS 2011): Making KStars more useful for beginners
A round of applause for our successful Google Code-in students!
These pre-university students contributed to KStars as a part of Google Code-in 2010.
- Cezar Mocan
- Ana-Maria Constantin
- Carl Gao
- Valery Kharitonov
- Diego Luca Candido
- Kristian Ivanov
Thanks for the patches and testing!
- Laurent Montel
- Eckhart Wörner
- Burkhard Lück
- Nico Dietrich
- James Cameron
- Ralf Habacker
- Daniel Holler
- Patrick Spendrin
- Nuno Pinheiro
- Andrew Buck
- Patrice Levesque
- Douglas Phillipson
- Andrey Cherepanov
- Vipul Kumar Singh
- Jain Basil Aliyas
- Jeamy Lee
- Sivaramakrishnan S
- Adhiraj Alai
- Lukas Middendorf
- Sruthi Devi
- Keith Rusler
- Frederik Gladhorn
- Keerthi Kiran
- Jure Repinc
- Aditya Bhatt
- Alessio Sangalli
And everyone else who helped us by filing those bug reports, popularizing our software...
Interested in KStars? Found KStars useful? Come by our mailing list and share your suggestions, and tell us what you liked / what you did not like. Any feedback and help will be appreciated.
If you know how to program, you're welcome to join our developer team! Get started by building KStars from source. Most developer discussion happens on our mailing list or issue tracker, so if you need help, that's a good place to ask. KStars is written in C++ using Qt and KDE libraries.
If you are an astronomy enthusiast, there is our AstroInfo project. We could also use help writing documentation and translating. Even bug reports and feature requests are a big help, so keep them coming!
Some pointers to get started: